Wednesday, October 10, 2012

About White Sharks & Conservation: presentation at the Explorers Club in San Diego

This coming Tuesday, October 16th, I will be giving a presentation at the San Diego Chapter of the Explorers Club.  The presentation will be "Understanding Great White Sharks and the Future of Shark Conservation."  I will be recalling some of my experiences from over 7 years of filming the white sharks at Isla Guadalupe. Also, I will be touching on some of the important issues facing shark conservation as it evolves from a grass roots cause to an international movement, involving new players both pro and con and new strategies.

I have been a member of the Explorers Club, Southern California Chapter, for several years and I find the members to be a varied and interesting bunch.  There are well known members like Dr. Sylvia Earle, Buzz Aldrin, Don Walsh, James Cameron, and many others.  But there are many others who are simply die hard explorers at heart, travelling all around the globe and gaining a great appreciation for the environment and the people that call it home.

The evening starts with a reception followed by dinner, and then it's my turn.  Click here for a PDF that has all of the details if you happen to be in the San Diego area. Or for more information or questions, you can email sandiegoexplorersclub@gmail.com.

No comments: