Friday, July 10, 2009

Filmmaker's Journal: why I do what I do

Being involved in nature documentary filmmaking seems to catch people's attention, so I often get asked the how's and why's of what I do. Well, regarding the "how," I suppose it's part deliberate strategy and part serendipity.

For the "why", after years in the television commercial and motion picture field, with a little detour into corporate media communications (yes, I even wore a tie), I decided that I wanted to do something with my skills that was more socially relevant and would better speak to my personal
passions. So here I am.

I recently was interviewed by a local public radio station on a show that focused on life after your college degree. Here's an excerpt where I talk about the importance of nature documentaries:



And to be honest, it can be a lot of work but a lot of fun. Life is great but when I'm not shooting, life is just a little less great than I'd like it to be.

Find your passion. And hopefully, in some way big or small, it will benefit us all.

No comments: