Now celebrating its 40th year, Earth Day 2010 is a chance for all of us to take a proactive stance in protecting our natural resources, in protecting our environment - indeed, in protecting the planet.
So, today of all days, DO SOMETHING!
- Plant a tree or purchase some CFL or LED lightbulbs.
- Go to your local shoreline and do a little beach clean up.
- Make a contribution to your favorite conservation organization.
- Check the various conservation group web sites. Many of them have a shopping list of ideas.
- See Disneynature's Oceans. In its first week, Disney will make a contribution to coral reef protectection for each ticket sold.